HELPFUL STORAGE TIPS
FURNITURE AND CLOTHES
- Whenever possible, disassemble furniture and wrap table legs in packing material
- Stack lightweight chairs seat-to-seat or upside down on other furniture
- Place a pallet or plastic sheet on the floor and stand sofas on end
- Place a light dust cover over your furniture
- Use wardrobe boxes to safely store hanging clothes
FILES, RECORDS, AND OTHER DOCUMENTS
- Be sure to pack your files and documents in smaller boxes for easier lifting
- Pack books flat to protect their spines
- Use packing material to fill any empty pockets in the boxes
- Label all boxes on several sides with the list of contents
COMPUTER AND ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT
- Make sure your equipment is clean and dry before it is stored
- Any equipment with sealing doors, such as refrigerators, should be stored with their doors slightly ajar
- Use dish-pack or glassware boxes for greater protection
- Place a layer of packing inside the bottom and at the top of boxes containing fragile items.
- Wrap each item with protective wrap or foam.
- Stack dishes on their side and glassware upright.
- Pack paper into all open spaces to ensure a tight fit.
- Label all boxes containing delicate items “FRAGILE.”